HELLO! And welcome to the Larchmont Elementary School Parent/Teacher Association website.
For over 90 years, the Larchmont Elementary School PTA, a chapter of the Virginia PTA, has been the leading voice for advocacy for children in Norfolk.
WHO WE ARE
The Larchmont PTA is a non-profit volunteer organization made up of parents, families, teachers, and the community.
Together We Will:
- Provide support for educational programs at Larchmont.
- Promote social activities that heighten school spirit, encourage family togetherness, and promote humanitarian efforts within our community.
- Encourage and organize volunteer support for school and PTA programs and events.
- Increase interest, involvement, and understanding of our local PTA business. Build awareness about the critical role of the PTA in helping students reach their full potential.
- Conduct purposeful fundraising to support programs and events at Larchmont.
WHAT WE SUPPORT
The Larchmont PTA provides the volunteer power, resources and financial means crucial to a wide variety of student enrichment and school improvement programs.
Please join the Larchmont Elementary School Parent/Teacher Association (PTA) and become involved in your child’s school. A membership drive occurs at the beginning of each school year; however, you may join at any time. Friends as well as family members may join. Family assistance is available if dues are a burden to a family. Please contact our membership officer for details.
WHY YOU SHOULD PARTICIPATE
Parent and family involvement with the school has proven to positively impact students’ success.
Don’t miss out. Join us today!
*If you’d prefer to write a check for your membership (or if you’d simply prefer a paper application), please look for the paper PTA Membership application in your student’s folder the first weeks of school. One may also be obtained in the main office. Membership dues are $7.50 for the first person and $5 for each additional member. Parents, Grandparents, friends and community members are encouraged to join. Please make checks payable to: Larchmont Elementary PTA or (LES PTA)
Your LES PTA annual dues helps support valuable programs and services for student learning and family engagement. A portion of your dues goes to support Larchmont PTA, and a portion goes to support the work of the State of Virginia PTA and the National PTA.
Family assistance is available if dues are a burden to a family. Please contact our membership officer for details.