Get the scoop on the Loop!
Student learning hours are from 8:55 AM to 3:20 PM.
Doors to the school will open at 8:35 AM.
All Pre-K will be greeted at the flag poles with Mrs. Thomas
All K & 1st grade will enter through the front entrance and report directly to their classrooms.
All 2-5 grades will enter through the Media Center entrance and report directly to the auditorium.
Students will be released at 3:20 PM.
Get In the Loop In 3 Easy-Peasy Steps:
1. Enter the loop from the West on Bolling Ave or from Monroe Pl.
2. Pull all the way forward to the far end of the Loop. Please do not let your kids out of the car until you have pulled all the way forward into the designated drop-off area (marked in yellow paint; there will be staff there to help your child(ren) out of the car).
3. Please make a right as you leave the loop. Trying to turn left will only cause a backup. Please be courteous to the parents behind you and do not turn left.
Loop Rules and Procedures:
Loop rules and procedures are in place for the safety of our students, staff and visitors.
- The left loop lane will be coned off 15 minutes before the end of school. Drivers may enter the loop and must stay in their vehicles and be ready to move forward as opportunity permits. Please pull all the way forward to the front of the loop. Avoid parking in the marked crosswalks.
- For morning drop off, please pull forward all the way to the front of the loop in the designated drop-off/pick-up area to drop off your child. A staff member will be there to assist you. Please do not drop off your child(ren) before you have reached the designated drop-off/pick-up area at the front of the loop. Please have students ready to unload, with backpacks on.
- In the afternoon, students will be lined up, by grade level, at the front end of the loop and will only be allowed to load from the designated pick-up area. Please drive to the very front of the loop, to the designated pick-up area, to get your child. Please remind your child to look for your car so that traffic can flow smoothly and quickly. Children MAY NOT enter cars until the car is at the designated pick-up area.
- If the loop is full, continue east on Bolling Avenue and make three consecutive left turns to return to the loop entrance.
- If you need to sign your child out from school before 3:20 p.m., please find a parking place on the street to avoid obstructing regular loop pick-up traffic.
- Load children from curbside only. Avoid rear hatch entry and trunk loading that place children between vehicles. If this is not preventable, carefully supervise situation.
- Use turn signals when ready to leave the curbside lane.
- Turn right only onto Bolling Avenue when exiting the loop.
- Please treat all crossing guards, faculty, and loop supervisors with respect. As we aim to smooth out traffic flow to everyone’s satisfaction, the safety of each child is our primary concern.
Thank you for helping make Larchmont’s Loop safe for your children.
What if we walk to school?
In the morning, if your child is in Pre-K, they will meet at the flag pole with Mrs. Thomas. Kindergarten and First grade will enter the front entrance of the school and report straight to their classroom. In the afternoon, they will be released out of the front entrance of the school, and they will line up, by class, on the front lawn, next to the loop. Please do not loiter in this area. Also, please do not wait on the sidewalk along the East end of the loop as this area is busy with staff helping to get children to their cars safely. (see pic below)
If your child is in Second grade and higher, in the morning, they will enter the school through the Media Center entrance on the West side of the school and report directly to the auditorium. In the afternoon, they will be released out of the Media Center exit on the West side of the school. (see pic below)
Inclement Weather Dismissal
Inclement weather is defined as: thunder, lighting, continuous downpour and blizard-like conditions (steady rainfall, light rain, drizzle, and steady snow fall will not constitute inclement weather conditions).
Please understand that our major concern, during inclement weather events will center on keeping the students safe and dry. During these times, dismissal may run longer than usual and we ask that you remain patient, if that becomes the case.
The decision to dismiss on the Inclement Weather Plan will be made at 3:00 by the principal.
The following procedures will be enforced, during inclement weather, for afternoon dismissal:
- All grade levels will be assigned to an area in the front hallway.
- Parents have two options:
- You may stay in your car, in the loop, and a staff member will radio into the building to have your student sent out.
- You may enter the building through the Media Center entrance and wait in line. Your child(ren) will be called when you get to the check-out table that will be set up in the hallway.
- If you walk to pick up your child, you will only be allowed to pick up your child. Students who normally walk without a parent during the normal dismissal will be sent out first. Please notify the school (note to teacher) if your child should wait instead, during inclement weather.
Should there be any changes in how your child will dismiss during inclement weather, please notify the school as early as possible.
While this may slow down the process of dismissal, the benefits of these safety measures outweigh the small inconveniences that may be incurred. Also, please note that Larchmont has over 300 parents who pick up their students on a daily basis; that number increases during inclement weather. Thank you in advance for working with us to keep all of the students safe.