Larchmont Elementary School PTA Meeting Minutes
taken by Jennifer Mann, May 5, 2014 at 9:30 a.m.
Attendance: Amanda Hill, Kristin Johansson, Jenn Mann, Elizabeth Janik, Bug Gallagher, Stuart White, Dennis Fifer, Dionne Crisco, Kris Stelzig, Raa’yah King, Joanna Felts, Julie Walsh, Aiyiao Wang, Barbara Gonzalez, Barb Frith, Sarah Hulcher, Lisa Cohn, Dani Price, Naoko Inada and Vicky Greco.
Welcome and minutes approval – Amanda Hill called the meeting to order at 9:30 a.m.
- Bug Gallagher moved that the minutes from the April 7, 2014 meeting be approved. Raa’Yah King seconded the motion. The minutes were approved as written.
- Mr. Fifer offered his appreciation for all the parent volunteers in the PTA. He thanked Amanda Hill for her service as president of the PTA for the past two years.
- Mrs. White thanked the PTA on behalf of the teachers for the breakfast hosted on their behalf this morning.
PTA President’s Report
- The PTA Old Board / New Board dinner will be on Tuesday, June 10th at 6:30p.m. at Bug Gallagher’s home (6010 Carroll Place). An email will be sent with specifics.
- The calendar meeting for the 2014-2015 school year will be held later this month. Incoming president, Bug Gallagher, will host.
- School of Excellence – An end of the year survey will go out later this week as a follow up to the one sent in the fall. The questions reflect our effort to increase diversity, which was the goal set in the fall. Please respond to the survey link to complete our application for a School of Excellence distinction.
- ·Kristin submitted the treasurer’s report for April- May 2014
- ·The Spring Carnival took in $21,693 and the expenses (to date) totaled $6552 for a net income of $15,140.
- ·The proposed budget for 2014-2015 was voted on with a majority vote approving it as submitted.
- The Spring Carnival was a huge success and the committee is looking for ways to thank our many sponsors. They are still looking for volunteers who can lead the committee next year. We are continuing as a PTA to brainstorm ways to involve more of the families and encourage new families to volunteer for our fundraising events.
PTA Reporter / Constant Contact
- The final Reporter of the school year will be distributed on June 5th. Please have any submissions to Dani Price (firstname.lastname@example.org ) by Thursday, May 29th.
- Dani will also be sending out the weekly emails starting May 12th, please send her submissions by Sunday evening.
- There are still volunteer opportunities in the Education Garden and the Carnival Committee.
- Teacher Appreciation Week is May 5th-9th. There will be a breakfast on Monday and a lunch on Friday. Please see the email link for sign ups. Gift cards will be given to two teachers a day during the week.
- Sarah Hulcher reported that the City Council will vote on the school budget Wednesday at 6:00pm at Granby H.S. The Norfolk advocacy group G.A.I.N.S. will wear be wearing red to show their presence. Of the issues surrounding the budget is some money that they are hoping will be allocated for teacher raises.
- The students continue to work on the organic sculptures with Virginia Van Horn.
The meeting was adjourned by Amanda Hill at 10:01 a.m.
The next meeting will be the Old Board / New Board meeting held on June 10, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.